Chairman of the Board
Christian Bell is a Senior Director and Head of Business Development and Intellectual Property at Otsuka Medical Devices Co., Ltd. where he is responsible for the group’s strategic transactions, overseas subsidiaries and its global intellectual property operations. Since 2018, Christian has been a director of Veryan and Board Secretary of ReCor Medical Inc. Christian is also a Managing Director of Otsuka Medical Devices Europe GmbH, the groups European marketing and sales operations subsidiary. Prior to assuming his role at Otsuka Medical Devices, Christian was a senior member of Otsuka Holdings’ Business Development and Planning Department responsible for capital markets and strategic transactions, especially in the medical device sector.
- Chas has over 30 years’ experience in the medical device industry and has founded, led and sold successful medical device start-up companies since 1996.
- Prior to this, Chas worked for CR Bard for twelve years in various sales, marketing and general management roles. During this time he was based in the USA for eight years in senior positions including Vice-President for Bard Cardiovascular. After leaving Bard, Chas co-founded embolic filter and carotid stent specialists MedNova which was acquired by Abbott in 2005. He then co-founded Novate Medical which designed and developed the Sentry IVC filter which was sold to BTG in 2019 and at the same time became CEO of Veryan Medical. He steered the company through design, development, commercialisation and finally to acquisition by Otsuka Medical Devices in 2018.
OMD Executive Deputy President
Kazumichi Kobayashi, R.Ph., is an Executive Deputy President of Otsuka Medical Devices. Co., Ltd., and Advisor of Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd. He was a Senior Vice President and Co-head of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Business Division, as well as head of Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, and Quality Assurance at Otsuka Pharmaceuticals Co, Ltd. Concurrently he served as CEO of Otsuka Maryland Research Institute and from 2007, as the first CEO of Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development and Commercialization Inc.
Chief Financial Officer
- Experience across a range of industries including Energy, Pharma and Medical Devices.
- Has held senior finance roles in both start up and blue chip listed multinational companies.
- Responsible for all aspects of the company’s finance function including accounting, financial strategy, planning, analysis, tax and treasury.