Veryan has an industry leading Executive team with deep sector expertise, a proven track record and over 200 years’ experience in Healthcare. They bring significant core competencies in research and development and all aspects of device design and manufacture, clinical trial design, supply chain, sales and marketing and quality system management to the highest global industry standards.
- Chas has over 30 years’ experience in the medical device industry and has founded, led and sold successful medical device start-up companies since 1996.
- Prior to this, Chas worked for CR Bard for twelve years in various sales, marketing and general management roles. During this time he was based in the USA for eight years in senior positions including Vice-President for Bard Cardiovascular. After leaving Bard, Chas co-founded embolic filter and carotid stent specialists MedNova which was acquired by Abbott in 2005. He then co-founded Novate Medical which designed and developed the Sentry IVC filter which was sold to BTG in 2019 and at the same time became CEO of Veryan Medical. He steered the company through design, development, commercialisation and finally to acquisition by Otsuka Medical Devices in 2018.
Chief Financial Officer
Experience across a range of industries including Energy, Pharma and Medical Devices.
Has held senior finance roles in both start up and blue chip listed multinational companies.
Responsible for all aspects of the company’s finance function including accounting, financial strategy, planning, analysis, tax and treasury.
Chief Technology Officer
- A Medical Device entrepreneur. Raised >€150 million of VC and Corporate funds in UK, US, EU and Ireland. He is currently CTO at Veryan Medical, an Imperial College spinout acquired by Otsuka in 2018, developing next generation SFA stenting products.
- In addition, Paul co-founded Novate Medical, was CEO initially, then CSO. Novate developed an innovative IVC Filter which was FDA 510k cleared and CE marked. The Company was acquired in 2018 by BTG and in turn by BSCI in 2019.
- Previously, he was a co-founder and General Manager of MedNova and was responsible for the development of novel stroke treatment technologies. The Company was acquired by Abbott Laboratories in 2007.
- More recently, he was Chairman of Embo Medical a spinout from the NUIG/Stanford Bio-Innovate Program which was acquired by C.R. BARD in 2015.
- Paul has invested in several Medtech startups including a number of BioInnovate spinout companies. and holds Board positions with Proverum Medical, KITE Medical, Bluedrop Medical, Selio Medical, InVera Medical and Ostoform.
- Prior to his experience in start-up companies he held several senior roles in Operations, Product Development and R&D. He was Director of R&D for Bard Cardiology where he led the development of numerous cardiovascular devices. Paul has extensive experience in licensing and IP portfolio management and is the holder of more than 60 US patents for bio-materials, surgical and cardiovascular products.
- Paul has been appointed Adjunct Professor in the School of Science and Engineering at the University of Galway.
Director of Clinical Marketing
- 30 years’ experience in the medical device industry
- Previously held sales positions in Autosuture (United States Surgical) and Schneider; senior marketing positions in Biomedical Sensors (a Pfizer Hospital Product Group company), MedNova and Novate
- Veryan Global Marketing Director from bench to bedside
HR & Corporate Services Director
- Over 30 years’ international generalist HR experience.
- Extensive experience of working at both strategic and operational level across a range of sectors including Medical Devices, IT, Professional Services and Financial Services.
- Chartered Member of the CIPD, the UK’s professional body for HR practitioners.
- Language skills: fluent French; intermediate Spanish and German.
Chief Commercial Officer
- 30 years’ experience leading commercial teams in the medical device industry in the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America.
- Joe started his sales and sales leadership career with Bausch & Lomb Corporation. He then joined CR Bard’s Peripheral Vascular Division. While at CR Bard he held numerous positions, culminating in the role of Vice President of US Sales.
- Joe then joined Endologix as Vice President of US Sales and was promoted to Vice President of Global Sales.
Professor Peter Gaines
Chief Medical Officer & Chairman of the Clinical Advisory Board
- 30 years’ experience as a Consultant Radiologist
- Established the Sheffield Vascular Institute in 1995
- Former President of the British Society of Interventional Radiology
- Published over 150 peer-reviewed articles
- Author of ‘Vascular and Endovascular Surgery’ now in its 4th edition
Director of Operations and Supply Chain
- 30 years’ experience in industry and healthcare.
- Previously worked with Teleflex Medical, Boston Scientific and Bio Medical Research in site leadership and operations roles.
- Prior to joining Veryan, he was Director of Advance Manufacturing at Teleflex Medical where he lead the enterprise excellence program across 15 international sites shaping the site strategy and continuous improvement framework.
- David has also chaired the Irish Medical Device Association enterprise excellence group.
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
- Over 20 years of commercial experience in the endovascular space
- Extensive experience in sales, marketing and professional development with companies such as Tyco Healthcare, Boston Scientific and Endologix
- Most recently served as Director of Sales and Vice President, US Sales with Endologix
- In his role at Veryan, Brian will provide strategic sales and marketing support for the US market
Head of Global Clinical & Regulatory Affairs
- More than 25 years’ experience in the medical device industry.
- Previously worked in international clinical and medical affairs positions with Olympus Diagnostics, Abbott Diagnostics and Biotronik AG.
- Prior to joining Veryan, she was the Director Medical Affairs at Biotronik AG and was responsible for the global clinical study program for interventional cardiology and structural heart and supported the global approval of their drug eluting stent, drug coated balloon, covered stent and resorbable scaffold.